Here’s the transcript from the “How to – Calls to Action – Podcast“
This is Julie South and you’re listening to the HaloBizTip Podcast. HaloBiz is all about helping to stimulate word-of-mouth in your world-of-mouse. We polish business halos in the online world using smart & sharp digital marketing strategies like website design, software development and content creation.
paper trading italiano This podcast is all about “calls to action”.
According to Wikipedia: A call to action, or CTA, is a banner, button, or some type of graphic or text on a website meant to prompt a user to click it and continue down a conversion funnel. It is an essential part of inbound marketing as well as permission marketing in that it actively strives to convert a user into a lead and later into a customer. The main goal of a CTA is a click or a scan in the case of a QR code, and its success can be measured via a conversion rate formula that calculates the number of clicks over the times the CTA was seen.
When it comes to websites, there’re basically two places to place your CTAs – above or below the fold.
With the advent of social websites and nested comments, we’re now used to scrolling down a page a lot more than we were say, 5 years ago.
Therefore, don’t be afraid to place your CTA below the fold – where you can lead people to with engaging, value-added content.
If what you’re writing about is what people want to read, then they’ll follow your cues down the page and will do exactly as you want them to by completing your call to action.
But firstly, let’s look at above the fold – that is, in the visible part of the screen where no scrolling is necessary.
Further, with the advent of social and engagement visitors are a lot more suspect of old-fashioned pattern-interrupt techniques that smack of ‘advertising’. Today, yes – visitors are time-poor; however, remember that many want to get to know the people behind the brand as well.
By putting your CTA above the fold it’s a bit like asking someone to marry you on the first date: presumptuous given you haven’t yet proved you’re likable or trustworthy.
If you opt for an above-the-fold CTA, here’re 5 factors it should have:
- bdswiss willkommensbonus bei registrierung A powerful and describe headline – one that catches the attention – this applies for all CTAs so master the art of creating compelling, stop-em-in-their-tracks headlines.
- http://irinakirilenko.com/?deribaska=signale-f%C3%BCr-bin%C3%A4re-optionen&b37=7c signale für binäre optionen An explanatory sub-header. Because your powerful headline as in (1) above will be short & succinct (hint hint!) ensure you explain your headline with a sub-header. Again, keep it short, simple, sweet.
- http://www.kenyadialogue.com/?selena=forum-trading-on-line&4d9=13 forum trading on line Short + simple + sweet = use bullet points to do this – a few!!
- Köpa Inderal sverige Create urgency – this is usually time-bound: offer expires in xx hours, beat the price rise, limited quantity, etc
- bästa binära optioner mäklare Then tell them what they’ll receive “buy one get one free”.
Below the fold CTAs
If you’ve been in sales for a few years, you’re probably familiar with the kan man köpa Viagra i turkiet AIDA principle:
Attention + Interest + Desire + Action
Attention – again – everything is driven by a catchy and punchy headline.
binäre optionen wie geht das Interest – make it different – for example incorporate video… audio… colour…
forest investimenti online Desire – use features and benefits
الخيارات الثنائية مراجعة مركز فيينا الدولي Action – make this strong. Perhaps create a story around the continued “pain” they’ll experience if a visitor doesn’t follow through on your call to action.
Going below the fold means you’ll need to lead your visitors to where you want them to be. This is helped by having uncluttered and simple pages where CTAs live. If you give people too many options you’ll either confuse – making a decision is too complicated so no decision will be made; or you’re desperate – a bit like a property that’s on the market for sale and it’s got every single real estate agent’s signboard outside it.
come giocare con le opzioni binarie You’ve been listening to Julie South from HaloBiz serving up a HaloBizTip one sound byte at a time. To receive these sound bytes direct into your inbox sign up for yours today at halobiz.co.nz. If you’ve got any questions or comments please send an email to email@example.com.